Total Pageviews

Friday, November 26, 2010

The thanksgiving ballgame tradition.

While we were preparing the thanksgiving meal the morning of thanksgiving I looked in on the boys who range in age from 30 to 13years . They were not watching the ballgame but were all on their computers together but not talking to one another. It reminded me of when I was a boy and we all sat in front of the tv watching the ball game but not talking to each other. It was a time in the past called,yesterday it was now years apart but not so different from each other. The tv was media, the computer is media different but somehow not so different. I thought as I watched them that times change,media changes but boys don't change. It was good to spend the day with the family to watch the children interact with each other to know as I watched them that I am growing old. But I understand that they are always here with me and for me and that is what makes a family. That is what makes growing old worth it. Thanks for listening. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment