Total Pageviews

Monday, November 8, 2010

Nothing is easy anymore.

Not long ago I decided to try to go back to school. I looked online to find the proper forms to fill out to apply for any or all available financial aid. After I was sure that I had done this properly I submitted the forms after a few days perhaps a week or two I went back online to see if I had got the money. I went to LBCC to get them to help me and they showed me all I needed to find the information I requested. I waited another 2 weeks and I received notice in the mail that I had been rejected for the funds that I needed. The reason they gave me was that 32years ago when I last went to school I had taken too many classes and did not have a defined major. So now I have to fill out more paper work and apply for an extension for my financial aid even though I paid for all of the older classes myself. I know I am going to have to jump through their hoops to get what I need but sometimes it makes me so angry. Especially when I have read that the feds pay full ride scholarships for some that are illegals. Then I know that I have lived here all my life and I have trouble getting the money to use for career change. Thanks for listening. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment