Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The midwives husband.

I bet you have no idea what it is like to be a midwife. I am not a midwife but you can believe me when I tell you that I know what it is like to be one. Because I am the midwives husband, and if anyone should know I do. It is not the cardinal rule that all babies come at night but trust me most of them do. When you are a midwife and you get THE Call it is all most always in the middle of the night. When that phone rings it don't matter what you are doing your done doing it then. I have seen my wife wake up thousands of times but honey nothing wakes them up like that phone call by a women in labor. She can go from dead to the world to one hundred per cent awake in sixty seconds. If that is not enough to amaze you she can get completely dressed in a minute too. Most times when she is awake it takes forever (like when were getting ready for church) or getting ready for work at the office. She can be half sick or SO tired (like having just done two births in a row) but none of that matters when they need her. The important thing she always says is that the baby is going to come with or without her so she has got to hurry. Thanks for listening. Steve

1 comment:

  1. Of course she springs from the bed, birth in all it's glory and magnificence calls to her, and with an open and loving heart she answers.

    You have an amazing wife! I was one of those middle of the night callers, and I thank both of you for your sacrificed sleep ;)

    With love, April
    http://mynaturalchildbirth.org

    ReplyDelete