Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Where did America go?

What ever happened to the America that I grew up in? You know the land of the free and the home of the brave. The America where we all speak English in the stores and you do not need two signs that say bathroom. One in Spanish and one in English you choose. The America where we gladly accepted immigrants from any country.They were encouraged to learn and to speak English and were proud to become Americans. I guess what got me started on this is the other day I used the telephone for some business and I was told I needed to push a number 2 to listen in English. I was like where am I this is America of course I want to listen in English,we used to speak it here. Don't get me wrong I believe that our culture is stronger because it comes from so many other countries that is why we were called the melting pot. I just think it would be nice if the immigrants taught there children to speak the language of there home land .I just want them to speak English in the store and in public that's all. That way they would still be able to teach the children about there culture without loosing it forever. I miss the America where I grew up,if anyone knows where it went let me know I might want to go there. Thanks for listening. Steve

1 comment:

  1. Most countries are bilingual. America was almost a French speaking country. But in all fairness we should be speaking some form of native american laguage, this land we call home was stolen from many other cultures including the mexicans. This was their home first should we really tell them to change because we don't understand? That's no better than forcing the natives to cut their hair and change their names and worship an different god. Well maybe not to that extreme but you get the point. America isn't what it used to be, but we can make it better.

    ReplyDelete