Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 21, 2010

What is wrong with America?

I often wonder having raised six of my eight children what is wrong with the young people these days. What do you mean wrong with them you say. Well when it gets winter time these days they wear a stocking cap a full length winter coat but wear flip flops and shorts. We never dressed like that when I was a kid. For starters our dad would have beat the tar out of us. He would have said whats wrong with you are you retarded. So whatever is wrong with them did not start with us.   My youngest is in kindergarten and they are teaching them about wearing a coat hat and being fully dressed when outside in the winter so its not the schools fault.In fact as far as I can tell you learn everything you need to know to survive in kindergarten.Its like the world has been turned upside down and no one knows how it got this, way let alone how to put it back the way it was. My kids say it is just that I am not normal but I think if the young people are normal than I would rather be abnormal. Thanks for listening. Steve

2 comments:

  1. There are many variations to "normal" what exactly is normal anyway. I guess I'm what you would consider "abnormal" I wear flip flops rain or shine, long sleeve shirts with shorts or vice versa. My girls are the same way too. Have no idea what so ever where that comes from. My thought is if your cold you will cover up. Me personally I like to feel the earth beneath my feet. Shoes take that away. Without shoes you move slower and have a chance to apppreciate every step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dad, for a guy who riddled grammar into us so much, your's isn't very good ;)

    ReplyDelete